Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Way Things Are

When I think about the places I’ve been and where I come from,
what I’ve seen and the things I shouldn’t of,
I shiver at the idea that it all means something.

And sometimes I wish my eyes were blind to everything but beauty,
but that isn’t the kind of world we live in, is it?

I am an island lost at sea searching for God knows what;
Trudging through this life of muddy water wanting more,
but nothing seems to satisfy the thirst of my youth.

I guess I’ll keep looking for that which I already possess.
The thing, they said, “Wasn’t enough,”
in a life where I could have more.

This puzzle doesn’t even make sense,
so how in the hell am I suppose to piece it together.

For the sake of having a purpose,
I’ll keep walking this path of righteousness,
running from a past that haunts me.

This crutch is all I got,
I don’t have anything else to fall on.

And what does that say about me?
You know I worry far too much about that.

You see, only the mask of my charades,
and I even can fool myself sometimes.
But he sees right through me,
to the heart of my demise.

And that’s what I gather it will take
for things to be different.
So, in fear I fight against it.
Cause in some sick way
I like the way things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment